Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's been awhile.

I just logged in to catch up on my BLM blog reading and gasped when I saw that my last post was on Thanksgiving.  What a slack a$$ I am.  It's embarrassing.  I honestly feel awful that I don't blog near enough (at all) anymore.  I think about it so much and actually write a lot of blog entries in my head, they just never make it onto "paper".  I think about all of my BLMs and our angels so much and read along with you all when I can.  Other than being a mom to Norah and staying very busy with her, the reason I haven't blogged in a while is that I feel so guilty that I haven't in forever that it seems easier to just not.  I don't even know if that makes sense.  I feel guilty because I wonder if people who used to read here think that now because I don't (blog) that I don't miss Harper with my whole being anymore.  Well that is just not the case.  I still do and I always will.

She has been very close to our hearts the past six months as we have watched Norah change from a newborn to a smiley, beautiful, happy baby--all the experiences that we never got to have with Harper.  I catch myself wondering if Harper and Norah would have looked alike, if her giggles would sound like Norah's, if they would have liked the same things and if their personalities would have been similar.  I know I will never know but I can't help but wonder.


My Christmas present to myself and to a few family members this year was a sketch I had done of Harper from her hospital pictures. It turned out beautifully and is hanging proudly in our entry way with the rest of our family just where she belongs.  




I love it and am so happy that I had it done!  And because a post wouldn't be complete without an updated picture of Norah...here she is!!  My sweet baby girl!  This is taken on her half birthday.  She looks like such a big girl sitting up by herself.  She is such a doll and I feel so lucky to be her mommy.  My heart seriously wants to burst with the love I have for this child.  I am blessed beyond measure.  


That bow is seriously hanging on by a little red thread ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful :)

Lisa said...

Love the photos of both your girls. I feel the same way, I start posts or think of posts I want to write but don't most of the time. I'm just too busy with 2 kids and working full time. I post when I can though, and hope people still want to read.

Where did you get the sketch done? I have been wanting to get one done since I don't like any of Adelyn's pictures we have.

Unknown said...

Hi I am a new BLM I just figured out what that meant. Our son was stillborn 1-24-12 I read Harper's story so sorry you had to say goodbye. Both of your girl's are so beautiful. I am amazed by the I love you sign, very special! Thanks for sharing your story.

Natasha said...

I have been having a hard time keeping up with blogging as well. It's tough with a little one to care for. I'm glad to see an update on you though and to know you guys are well.

I love love love Harper's drawing! It's really beautiful! And little Norah is too cute with her little bow and HUGE smile! Love it!

Tiffany said...

Norah is adorable. and love that drawing of Harper. i don't think you should ever feel guilty or apologize for not blogging. this is your space. and we all know (at least us BLMs) that the amount you write/don't write has no correlation at all to how much love we have for our children. just do what you need to for you and your family.

Holly said...

I love the picture of Harper! It's very well done!! And Norah is a doll!

Melissa said...

So beautiful, both of your girls.

Crystal said...

Beautiful pictures!! That sketch looks like Dana's work... such talent! I'm on the waiting list for her.

Lj82 said...

Such a beautiful sketch of your beautiful girl. And how adorable is NORAH!?!?!! :)

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful sketch of sweet Harper! And how is Norah 6 months old already!? Such a cutie! :)

Allison said...

What an amazing picture of Harper. I know that will be a precious keepsake for your family. <3 Beautiful. And oh my goodness. That picture of Norah brought me the biggest smile. She is SO adorable and cute! You truly have beautiful daughters!

Post a Comment