Thursday, April 7, 2011

In Bloom & Update

Harper's tree has been in full bloom this past couple of weeks.  The pink flowers on her dogwood have really opened up and look so beautiful.  Here are a few pictures...




We talked Zeus into posing in front of his sister's tree...what a regal boy!  


Luna was too busy hunting for lizards and bugs to stop by for a photo op!  

We had our 16 week check up with the OB and ultrasound on Tuesday.  Other than the ultrasound tech hurting my feelings at the beginning of the ultrasound, everything went great.  My cervical length was measuring at 5 cm and my Dr said that I have the cervix of a champion...well, that is certainly a relief! :)  She spent over 30 minutes with us answering questions and putting our worried hearts at ease.  The ultrasound went well, we got to see our little Pooh, with a strong heartbeat in the 150's, dancing around in my belly.  I never seem to get over how amazing it is that there is actually a little person growing inside me, it really is such a blessing.  Our little one was much bigger and had many more identifiable body parts this time which was very exciting!  At one point Pooh was holding onto the umbilical cord and all I could think was please, don't pull too hard!  

We did find out Pooh's gender and we are excited to announce that we are having another little GIRL!!  Harper is going to have a baby sister to watch over, actually I know that she already is.  

So, here she is, baby girl Pooh!!!  (or Pooh-ette as Chris has been joking!)  


Below is a picture of me and Pooh in front of her big sister's tree.  The shirt that I am wearing says "hope".  I find that to be very fitting these days as hope is all we have and holding onto little glimpses of it here and there is what gets me through my days and hopefully many days to come.




(possible trigger below)

**************






Me and Pooh at 16 weeks!  

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! Harper's tree is just beautiful! I love your doggies! I have a weimaraner puppy named Cam :)

Melissa said...

That tree is just so perfect with it's pink blooms. =) Congrats on your healthy growing girl!

Priscilla said...

Love the pictures! We need to get the pups together soon! I'm so glad the appointment went well -- minus the ultrasound tech's comments. Yay to a healthy little girl!

Michelle said...

Adorable pictures! Very happy for ya!!

rebecca said...

Awe, beautiful picture of you! And that tree is gorgeous! So very happy for you guys and continuing to hold hope with you that this rainbow pregnancy is blessedly uneventful!

Allison said...

What an exciting and special post! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and Chris! Another precious little girl!! <3 <3 <3
You look absolutely beautiful! The pictures are great and Harper's tree looks so vibrant and pretty. Zeus seems to be displaying his pride, as he should of course! So sweet! I am so happy you had such a great appointment (despite the tech)! I am thinking about you, Chris, and your girls :-) Sending lots of love your way!

The Quilt Girl said...

Beautiful post. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment