Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Good Night Moon

I bought the book "Good Night Moon" for Harper when she was still just a little "bean" in my tummy. I have always loved that book, the innocence and wonder of a child's mind. The littlest things that seem so regular to an adult just fascinate children. I so looked forward to showing our daughter so many things. I couldn't wait to see the amazement in her eyes the first time she saw the moon and stars or the excitement of Christmas morning.

There are so many things that we will never get to show Harper. We will never see her smile or hear her giggle. We will never see her dance at a recital or kick a soccer ball. I will never hear her say, "I love you, Mommy". My husband will never get to take her hunting, wrestle with her in the backyard or walk her down the aisle. It is heartbreaking to think about all of the things we will never get to do and I could go on and on.

We did get to know our daughter for the 6 months that we were together. I am so thankful for that time. So thankful that we did get to show her love, thankful that we got to hold her, hug her and kiss her. I will always treasure those moments.

Mommy and Daddy love you and miss you every minute, Baby Girl.

1 comments:

Danae said...

We not only lose our babies, but we lose the hopes and dreams we had from them. And losing those hurt just as much.

Post a Comment