Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Dearest Harper...

Good morning my sweet baby girl.

I was sad and missing you when I woke up today. My heart aches to hold you again, to touch you, to kiss you. I wish that we could have had more time together...a lifetime would have been nice! But as the days are going by, I am realizing that all of the wishing in the world will not change our sad reality. All of our tears will not bring you back, how I wish they would.

I miss you so much everyday. I think about you all the time and wish that you were still "cutting a rug" , as your Daddy used to say, in my tummy. I miss that more than anything. You were such an active little girl, we had such big plans for you! I guess plans change sometimes... We will always be together though, maybe not physically, but you will always be in my heart. A Mommy and baby will always be connected, no matter what!!

Today I looked at your pictures and for the first time I did not cry. I talked to you and kissed you. I told you how much I love you and miss you, but I did not cry. I looked at your beautiful, sweet face and I smiled. I was admiring the beautiful, little life (you!) that your Daddy and I created out of so much love. You are our daughter, our sweet baby girl...you always will be. We love you so much and always will.

I hope that you have a good day playing in the clouds and soaring with the dragonflies. I wish I was there with you. I love you so much.

XOXO,
Mommy

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love the name Harper. My Charlotte was almost a Harper. This is a sweet letter to your beautiful girl. Thinking of you tonight.

Bonne said...

My Dearest Rhiannon,
What a beautiful letter to our sweet angel Harper Grace, I'll Always call her Harper Grace, I do love that name.
You are right, mommies & babies are always connected forever know matter what! You are my Hero & I love you so my dear sweet girl! Thank You for letting me be your mommie!
Love always,
Momma

Post a Comment