Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The half way mark!

As of this past Monday, we have made it to 20 weeks, technically "half way" through this pregnancy with sweet Pooh.  Nope, still haven't decided on a name yet but we are going to have another go at the "name game" this weekend :)  Besides, we have grown quite fond of calling our baby girl, Pooh.  I think this one may stick!


Things have been chugging along rather, dare I say, uneventfully at this point.  My weekly 17p injections are going well and it is something I actually look forward to each week to help the time pass.  Yes, they burn and the injection site hurts for days but it is a small price to pay for a healthy, term baby so I look forward to them.  I have been feeling our girl move more and more which is super exciting!  Daddy has felt her a couple of times, too and I know that is really special for him.  We are so in love with this sweet baby already.  

Despite the happy days, I have been having some hard days, too.  20 weeks is only 6 weeks from 26, the point when we lost Harper, so I have been very anxious about everything lately.  More anxiety is to be expected, according to my Dr, I love how she makes me feel so "not crazy".  

20 weeks is a ways from 39, our goal, and I know all too well that lots of bad things can happen between now and then but we are making progress and that is something to be celebrated!  I am just trying to think positive, breathe and take things a day at a time knowing that we are doing everything possible to keep our sweet Pooh healthy and cooking until September.  



5 comments:

Allison said...

Happy 20 weeks Rhiannion and Pooh! Congratulations! I am so excited to hear that she is doing so well. I think her nickname is adorable. Even though we know BB's name, we still use the nickname too! :) I will be sending you extra strong and supportive thoughts over the next 6 weeks. I know that will be a major milestone for you. <3 <3 <3 Keep hanging in there! You two are doing great! I am cheering you on and sending you tremendous amounts of love!

Jessica said...

Happy Happy 20 weeks! <3

rebecca said...

Happy 20wks, such a fantastic milestone! You're right the anxiety and fear is impossible to get rid of completely and I'm glad you have a doctor that understands that and can offer support. I go back & forth from feeling safe and fine to completely frightened and anxious about losing this baby too, it's exhausting, but so very worth it. Continuing to hope with you that all moves forward uneventfully ((hugs))

Caroline said...

I hope the down-hill slope is fast and uneventful!!

Brooke said...

Congrats on being halfway. I am 20 weeks, three days today....it feels good..trying NOT to be scared...

Post a Comment